Not actually hurricane related, but we wondered if possibly the house shifted a bit during the storm. Anyway, we had three leaks in the toilet. The plumber was great. Took two visits to finish, but that thing works now and doesn't move. It was worth the money cos it took a blow torch to cut the line to put in a whole new set of parts there and a hacksaw to remove the bolts and put in all new parts with new seals under the tank. That was funny--those guys sawing the tank apart in the front yard. This is a busy neighborhood, and my neighbors were probably wondering what on earth I was up to. One other part was costly, so instead of having him fix the rest of the leaks in the tub, we called it quits at that point. The bill was over 300 by then and my budget wouldn't handle any more. But with company, the bathroom will be sorely needed and I had been saving in my budget for repairs, so we're now on our way. We've been demolishing for awhile. And saving to repair. The roof has been the main thing we've gotten done, along with some sheetrocking. I have been working on the furnace people. I tried to get an electrician like the furnace people wanted, but you can't even get on a list right now. There are too many people rebuilding/building. So I called the furnace guys and they sent out another man to try to fix this almost brand new furnace. They are ordering a part next week. Hope that fixes it. And they didn't charge me! So repair #1 on the toilet is complete. I know that it may not have been hurricane related, but it's a bathroom---I guess I have my priorities!
November 11th, 2006 at 09:50 am